Friday, May 09, 2008

Great people even the "greatest" have the worst of Luck !!!

My friend’s company's stock was hovering at about $33-$34 over the last 3 months. He had given instructions to the broker to sell it when it hits $37. Seeing that it wasn't going to happen, he reduced it to $36 and then further down to $35.5

Today, when the market opened, the stock started off at $34.76, went up & up & up and hit $35.5!! (He was jumping as though he bought the Royal Challengers!!!)

But the happiness was short-lived. The stock continued to rise and hit a maximum of $37.26 and then settled down at $37.

So basically, my friend lost out about $684! God-damned Murphy I'm sure is looking up and laughing at him this very moment and so am I :D

4 comments:

Kaptnik said...

Aye! I don't even see a single *great* in here!!

Santosh said...

HAHAHA
come on it starts of it that way...

Kaptnik said...

It's in the title! I didn't notice. You can't really blame me. Losing out on $687 does make you a little blind to things!

Ashwin Wilson said...

you sure enjoy laughing at others, don't you?!